5 Ways to improve your Pet’s Quality of life!
Introducing a new pet to your family will take time and work. As it is with humans so it is with animals getting used to a new home and we know firsthand that this takes time and work. A safe and a clean shelter is what you need to supply for your animal that you take into your home. Just follow these steps:
1. There are several cat litter boxes available from which you can choose from. We all try to avoid bad odor as much as we can and so does your cat. Cat litter boxes not only come as standard litter boxes but there are many automatic litter boxes available. Why using the standard cat litter boxes when there are automated systems available?
2. Buy a book on dog training. A smooth transition period is almost granted when your dog is well behaved and well trained. Daily practice will teach your dog to find out the commands that you want him to understand. Not all dogs have the same learning curve. Give your “best friend” time to learn.
3. Why should you invest money in pet insurance? Having a pet is fun, having a sick or wounded pet is just the opposite. Can you really go without pet insurance? The answer is: NO. If you love your pet you need pet insurance. The last thing you want to be stuck with is a large vet bill. Finding the right pet insurance is not hard. There are several animal insurance to choose from. From farm animals to house-pets some insurance companies have it all. Insurance companies for animals will provide all the details on their websites as on what and what not can be insured.
4. As a daily routine make sure you groom you dog. Just think how you feel when you are being treated with care. Animals have feelings too and are much happier being properly groomed. Does your dog need a haircut? As dog owner you will know. It all depends on the dog breed. Together with a regular fur cut a good shampooing is essential. Not so much dogs but most of the time cats need their nails trimmed. Get a good nail cutter and make sure you do not cut the nails too short so that you do not cut into their meat. If you want to do it at home and save yourself money, there are kits available to help you with grooming.
5. Do you remember being a kid? Going out to play and have fun. Do you remember being much happier back then? Your animal needs to play too. It is important for a healthy animal to play. It is just natural that your animal wants to have fun every now and then. So let it be and play with him or her. Pet toys are important and can be purchased in many grocery stores, pet shops or online. Have some around. Your animal will love it. Without any activity we get easily bored. Boredom is extremely unhealthy for your and for your animal. Not only that cats and dogs are different animals, they like different types of play.
The list above is just a guide. It is up to you to follow or alter it. A little bit of time and a few tools later can significantly improve the chance of your cat or dog feeling right at home in his or her new dwelling.